Chicken & aubergine in black bean sauce
Tender chicken and aubergines are stir-fried with black bean sauce and served with rice noodles in this easy dish that’s packed with Asian flavours.
Rice Noodles, dry
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
350 g, baby aubergine
½ teaspoon(s), level
Chicken stock cube(s)
1 cube(s), 180 ml
Sainsbury's Black Bean Stir Fry Sauce
1 half a pack, prepared as instructed
Amoy Light Soy Sauce
Rice Wine Vinegar
1 tablespoon(s), level
- Cook the rice noodles to pack instructions, then drain well and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a large nonstick wok or frying pan set over a high heat. Add half the chicken and stir-fry for 3-5 minutes, until browned all over. Transfer to a large bowl, then repeat with the remaining oil and chicken.
- Add the aubergine to the wok and stir-fry for 3 minutes, adding a splash of water if it starts to stick, then add the garlic, ginger and chilli flakes and stir-fry for a further 1 minute. In a small bowl, combine the stock and black bean sauce, then add the mixture to the wok. Stir-fry for 5 minutes, until the aubergine is tender, then add the pepper and spring onions and toss to combine. Return the chicken to the wok and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, vinegar and cornflour, then add the mixture to the work and stir-fry for 2 minutes until the sauce has thickened and the chicken is cooked through.
- Divide the noodles between bowls, top with the stir-fry and serve garnished with the sesame seeds.
If you can’t find baby aubergines, just use regular ones, cut into large chunks.