Bacon & kale penne
White pasta, dry
300 g, penne
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Bacon medallions, raw
75 g, finely chopped
2 medium, peeled and finely chopped
1 clove(s), crushed
Chilli, Green or Red
1 individual, red, deseeded and chopped
200 g, curly, thick stems removed
Chicken stock cube(s)
Half Fat Crème Frâiche
3 tablespoons, level
- Bring a large pan of water to a boil, add the penne and cook according to pack instructions. Drain the pasta and set aside, reserving 200ml of the cooking water for later.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan over a medium-high heat and mist with cooking spray. Add the chopped bacon and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden. Tip out onto a plate.
- Add the shallots, garlic and chilli to the pan, misting with more cooking spray, if needed, and cook for 3 minutes until slightly softened. Add the kale to the pan, reduce the heat to medium and cover with a lid. Cook for a further 5-7 minutes, until the kale has wilted, softened and is almost cooked.
- Add the pasta water to the pan, crumble in the stock cube and stir, cooking for a further 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat, mixing in the drained pasta along with the bacon and the crème fraiche and stir to combine. Season to taste.
- Divide between 4 bowls and serve immediately.