No equipment workout
Sure, simply moving more can help you achieve your goals, and feel fantastic. But to reach all your wellness goals—from running a 5K to rocking a cold-shoulder top or keeping up with your kids on holiday—you need a targeted workouts that includes muscle- strengthening moves. this total body work out requires no fancy equipment, and only 30 minutes or less of your time. You can use them as freestanding workouts to concentrate on specific areas of your body or as a great top-to-toe strength training plan. Either way works. Strength plus confidence: It’s going to look great on you.
Body weight exercises
Do each move in order, performing 1 minute of cardio (marching on the spot, star jumps or skipping) between exercises. That’s 1 round. Complete 2 or 3 rounds, taking time to catch your breath between each one. Do this workout 3 times a week.
- Stand with feet slightly wider than shoulders, and arms extended at shoulder height in front of you, palms toward the floor.
- Push hips back and bend knees, keeping back straight and squatting until thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Rise to complete 1 rep. Do 15 reps.
- Begin in a high plank position with palms shoulder-width apart on the floor, legs extended behind you. (To make it easier, you can lower your knees to the floor.)
- Keeping body straight from head to heels (or knees), bend elbows, lowering chest toward the floor.
- Push up to start position to complete 1 rep. Do 15 reps.
3. Mountain climber
- Begin in a plank position with palms shoulder-width apart on the floor, legs extended behind you.
- Jump right foot forward, bringing right knee toward your arms. Immediately switch legs, jumping left foot forward as you extend right leg behind you.
- Switch legs again to complete 1 rep. Do 15 reps.
- Stand with feet a stride’s length apart, right foot forward and left heel lifted; place hands on your hips.
- Keeping shoulders aligned over hips, bend knees until front thigh is parallel to the floor.
- Return to start position to complete 1 rep. Do 10 reps, then repeat on opposite side.
5. Reverse crunch
- Lie face up on the floor with arms extended at your sides, palms on the floor next to hips.
- Bend knees 90 degrees, and raise legs until shins are parallel to the floor and knees are aligned over hips.
- Curl knees toward chest as you lift hips and lower back, then lower to start position to complete 1 rep. Do 15 reps.