Lentil Spaghetti with Chicken & Creamy Avocado Sauce
Uncooked yellow lentil pasta
1 medium, pitted, and peeled
1 cup(s), loosely packed, plus more, chopped, for garnish
2 medium, cut into pieces
½ tsp(s), plus more for garnish
Fresh lemon juice
Grilled skinless boneless chicken breast
5 oz, 1 cup shredded cooked skinless chicken breast
1 large, chopped (about 250 ml [1 cup])
- Cook spaghetti in salted water according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in blender, combine avocado, parsley, scallions, lemon zest and juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and ¼ cup water and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- When pasta is cooked, reserve ¾ cup cooking water; drain pasta and return to the pot. Place pot on low heat, add chicken, and toss until chicken is warmed through, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat. Add avocado sauce and enough cooking water to create a creamy sauce.
- Top with diced tomato and garnish with chopped parsley and grated lemon peel.
- Per serving 1 ½ cups