Buffalo-style chicken salad
⅜ tsp(s), (1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon)
Fresh boneless skinless chicken tenderloins
1 pound(s), 12 tenders
Extra virgin olive oil
Red wine vinegar
1 clove(s), medium, minced
Tabasco pepper sauce
4 cup(s), shredded, lightly packed
1 average, diced
2 stalk(s), small, thinly sliced plus 1/3 cup celery leaves
2 medium, thinly sliced
Uncooked bell pepper(s)
1 item(s), medium, red variety, diced
1 medium, diced
⅓ cup(s), crumbled
- To make spice mix, stir together paprika, cumin, chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in cup. Evenly sprinkle on both sides of chicken tenders. Set aside.
- To make dressing, whisk together oil, vinegar, garlic, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon black pepper in small bowl. Set aside.
- Spray ridged grill pan with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add chicken and grill until cooked through and well browned, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to plate; drizzle with hot sauce, turning to coat.
- Put lettuce, cucumber, sliced celery, and scallions in large bowl; add dressing and toss until coated evenly. Divide lettuce mixture evenly among 4 plates or bowls; top with bell pepper, carrot, and chicken. Scatter celery leaves and blue cheese on top.
- Serving size: 3 chicken tenders, 2 cups salad, and generous 1 tablespoon cheese