Beef and Rice–Stuffed Bell Peppers with Tomato Sauce
Dry medium grain brown rice
½ cup(s), (or 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice)
Uncooked 95% lean ground beef
Uncooked red onion(s)
1 small, finely chopped
¼ tbsp(s), chopped fresh
¼ cup(s), chopped
Uncooked bell pepper(s)
4 item(s), small, large, assorted colors, halved lengthwise and seeded
1 clove(s), large, minced
Canned salted tomato puree
2 cup(s), or strained tomatoes
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray large shallow baking pan with cooking spray. Cook the rice according to package directions.
- Combine the cooked rice, beef, onion, allspice, paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, cinnamon, 2 tablespoons dill, and 2 tablespoons parsley in large bowl.
- Spoon the beef mixture evenly into the bell pepper halves. Arrange the peppers in single layer in the prepared baking pan. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until peppers are tender, about 15 minutes more.
- When the peppers are almost done, spray a small saucepan with cooking spray and set over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the tomato puree, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper and bring to boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Divide the peppers evenly among 4 plates, top evenly with the yogurt, the remaining 2 tablespoons dill, and remaining 2 tablespoons parsley. Serve with sauce.
- Per serving (2 stuffed pepper halves, 1/2 cup sauce, and 2 tablespoons yogurt)