- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 5 oz fresh spinach, baby variety
- 2 cup(s) uncooked radicchio, coarsely chopped
- 6 slice(s) uncooked reduced fat bacon, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch pieces
- 8 oz cremini mushroom(s), sliced (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 1 large uncooked red onion(s), thinly sliced
- 1 pound(s) cooked skinless boneless chicken breast(s), chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) blue cheese, crumbled
In a small bowl, combine vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper; set aside.
Toss spinach and radicchio in a large serving bowl; set aside.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over low heat; add bacon and cook, stirring frequently, until crispy and browned, about 7 to 8 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove bacon to a paper towel-lined plate; let drain.
Set same skillet over high heat; add mushrooms and onion and cook, stirring often, until onions begin to brown, about 6 to 7 minutes. Add vinegar mixture and chicken to skillet; cook, stirring, to heat chicken, about 1 minute. Spoon over spinach mixture and toss to wilt lightly; garnish with bacon, apple and blue cheese. Serve warm. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.