Tuscan sausage and bean stew
Cooked chicken sausage(s)
6 oz, hot Italian-style, halved lengthwise and sliced
10 oz, 1 package, sliced
1 small, chopped
2 medium clove(s), minced
Canned diced tomatoes
29 oz, 2 (14 1/2-oz can)
Canned cannellini beans
15½ oz, rinsed and drained
1 medium, halved lengthwise and sliced
2 tsp, chopped
2 cup(s), baby
Grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add sausages and cook, stirring often, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Transfer to plate with slotted spoon.
- Add mushrooms and onion to pot and cook, stirring often, until vegetables are softened, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 30 seconds.
- Stir in reserved sausages, tomatoes, beans, zucchini, rosemary, and salt and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until vegetables are tender, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in arugula until wilted.
- Ladle stew into 4 bowls and top evenly with Parmesan.
- Serving size: 1½ cups stew and 1 tablespoon cheese