Turkey rigatoni with eggplant and feta
1 pound(s), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 Tbsp, divided
Uncooked 99% fat-free ground turkey breast
1 medium, chopped
1 medium clove(s), finely minced or crushed through a press
Canned diced tomatoes
Canned tomato paste
Crushed red pepper flakes
Crumbled feta cheese
2 Tbsp, flat-leaf, chopped
- Cook rigatoni according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1⁄4 cup cooking liquid, and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, preheat broiler. Line a large baking sheet with foil; spray foil with cooking spray.
- Place eggplant on a baking sheet; spray lightly with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and pepper and toss to coat. Spread to form an even layer. Broil 5 inches from heat until tender and well-browned, stirring once, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey and 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring often, until no longer pink, about 3 minutes. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil and onion and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes, water, tomato paste, remaining 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, and pepper flakes and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, 2 minutes. Stir in eggplant, pasta, and cooking liquid, and cook just until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Divide evenly among 4 bowls and sprinkle evenly with feta and parsley.
- Serving size: about 1 3⁄4 cups