Turkey meat loaf with onion and green pepper
¾ cup(s), finely chopped
¼ strip(s), finely chopped
2 medium clove(s), minced
Weight Watchers Reduced-fat Mexican style shredded cheese
¼ cup(s), sharp
1 large, lightly beaten
Uncooked extra lean ground turkey breast
Unpacked light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic; sauté 3 minutes. Cool.
- Combine onion mixture, cheese and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl; toss to moisten bread. Crumble turkey over onion mixture; stir just until blended.
- Pack meat mixture into an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes. Combine 1⁄2 cup ketchup, brown sugar and mustard in a small bowl; stir well.
- Spread ketchup mixture over meat loaf and bake an additional 5 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Remove meat loaf from pan. Cut into 10 slices. Yield: 5 servings (serving size: 2 slices).