Turkey Meat Loaf
- Total Time
Ground turkey, a combination of white and dark meat, is usually less expensive and more flavorful than ground turkey breast, but it's also higher in fat.
olive oil1 Tbsp
uncooked onion(s)¾ cup(s), finely chopped
green pepper(s)¼ strip(s), finely chopped
garlic clove(s)2 medium clove(s), minced
WeightWatchers Reduced Fat Mexican style blend shredded cheese¼ cup(s), sharp
seasoned breadcrumbs¼ cup(s)
Italian seasoning1 ½ tsp
table salt½ tsp
black pepper½ tsp
egg(s)1 large, lightly beaten
uncooked ground turkey breast1 ¼ pound(s)
cooking spray1 spray(s)
unpacked light brown sugar1 Tbsp
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic; sauté 3 minutes. Cool.
- Combine onion mixture, cheese and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl; toss to moisten bread. Crumble turkey over onion mixture; stir just until blended.
- Pack meat mixture into an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes. Combine 1⁄2 cup ketchup, brown sugar and mustard in a small bowl; stir well.
- Spread ketchup mixture over meat loaf and bake an additional 5 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Remove meat loaf from pan. Cut into 10 slices. Yield: 5 servings (serving size: 2 slices).