Turkey Grill with Pesto Dressing
- Total Time
Parboiling the sausages in this recipe allows you to grill them evenly in minutes without charring the outsides.
basil½ cup(s), packed
vegetable broth¼ cup(s)
grated Parmesan cheese1 Tbsp
olive oil1 tsp
pine nuts1 Tbsp
garlic clove(s)1 clove(s), medium, crushed
uncooked turkey sausage(s)10 oz, sweet variety
fresh tomato(es)4 medium, plum,
uncooked zucchini2 medium
uncooked onion(s)1 medium, red
table salt¼ tsp
- To prepare dressing, combine basil, broth, Parmesan, oil, pine nuts and garlic in a blender. Process until puréed. Set aside.
- Heat grill. In a saucepan, combine sausages and enough water to cover; heat to a simmer and cook 8 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool slightly.
- Cut tomatoes in half lengthwise and arrange in a single layer, cut-side up, on a baking sheet. Cut zucchini crosswise diagonally into 3/4-inch-thick (2 cm) slices and red onion into 4 thick slices; place vegetables on baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and coat lightly with cooking spray.
- Grill vegetables, placing oiled-side down first, until lightly browned, about 2 to 3 minutes for tomatoes and zucchini, a little longer for onion. Turn and grill other side. Remove vegetables to serving platter and pour dressing over all.
- Cut sausages in half lengthwise (if some of the casing becomes loose, peel off and discard). Grill sausages, cut-side down, until lightly browned and cooked through, about 3 minutes. Transfer to platter with vegetables and serve.