Tuna Salad on Whole Wheat
- 12 oz canned chunk white tuna in water, drained
- 1/3 cup(s) uncooked onion(s), finely minced (sweet onions recommended)
- 1/3 cup(s) uncooked celery, finely minced
- 1/3 cup(s) light mayonnaise
- 8 slice(s) reduced calorie wheat bread
- 1 large fresh tomato(es), thinly sliced
- 1 cup(s), chopped lettuce, baby leaves
- Place tuna in a mixing bowl and flake with a fork until very fine. Add onions, celery and mayonnaise; mix well.
- Top a slice of bread with a heaping 1/3 cup of tuna, 1/4 of tomato slices and 1/4 cup of lettuce; top with another slice of bread. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Yields 1 sandwich per serving.
You can change this basic tuna recipe by stirring in 1 teaspoon of curry powder, 1 tablespoon of fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon of chopped capers.