Triple-Chocolate Cream Pie
- Total Time
This delicious pie featrues a rich filling of chocolate and cocoa powder. A topping of pomegranate seeds adds color and crunch, but you can also use raspberries or sliced strawberries.
cooking spray3 spray(s)
chocolate graham cracker(s)7 square(s), (14 squares)
light butter1 ½ Tbsp, stick variety
egg white(s)1 Tbsp, beaten
unsweetened cocoa powder¼ cup(s), Dutch process variety
table salt1 pinch
low-fat milk½ cup(s)
fat-free half-and-half2 cup(s)
grated unsweetened chocolate1 oz, chopped
vanilla extract1 ½ tsp
aerosol whipped cream¼ cup(s)
pomegranate seeds2 Tbsp
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- To make crust, place crackers in food processor; process until finely ground. Add butter; pulse a few times to combine. Add egg white; pulse a few times until evenly moistened. Firmly press crumb mixture onto bottom and up sides of prepared pie plate. Bake 12 minutes; transfer to wire rack and let cool.
- To make filling, in a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, cornstarch, cocoa powder and salt; whisk in milk and egg until blended.
- In a large saucepan, heat half-and-half over medium heat until small bubbles appear around edge of pan, about 8 minutes. Gradually whisk half of hot half-and-half into cocoa mixture until blended. Whisk hot cocoa mixture into remaining half-and-half in pan. Cook, stirring frequently with heatproof spatula, until mixture comes to boil, about 4 minutes; boil 1 minute. Remove pan from heat and stir in chocolate and vanilla extract until chocolate melts; pour into cooled crust. Place plastic wrap onto surface of filling; refrigerate until filling is firm, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove pie from refrigerator; uncover, garnish with whipped topping and sprinkle with pomegranate arils. Slice into 12 pieces and serve.
- Serving size: 1 piece