Turn your taco Tuesday into tostada Tuesday with the beautiful and flavorful Mexican-inspired tostadas. Ready in just 25 minutes and using only one pan, these cumin-dusted, sautéed shrimp are a delicious topping to the crispy corn tortillas and spicy chipotle coleslaw. The chipotle chiles add all the heat so you can turn it up or down as you like. Serve these with some black beans and steamed rice or just some crunchy fresh mixed greens with a clean hit of lime juice and olive oil. Add another later of flavor with some roasted bell peppers and onions between the slaw and shrimp on your tostadas.
Packaged coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots)
¼ cup(s), chopped
Reduced calorie mayonnaise
Fresh lime juice
Canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
½ tsp, finely chopped (or to taste)
½ tsp, divided (or to taste)
4 small, 4-in each
6 oz, peeled, deveined (12 large)
- Combine slaw mix, cilantro, mayonnaise, water, lime juice, chipotle chilies and 1/4 tsp salt in a small bowl; set aside.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add tortillas; cook until crisp and golden, 2-3 minutes per side. Remove tortillas; set aside.
- Off heat, coat same skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Sprinkle shrimp with cumin and remaining 1/4 tsp salt; add shrimp to skillet. Cook shrimp until lightly browned and cooked through, turning once, 3 minutes; remove from heat.
- Place a tortilla on each of 4 serving plates; evenly divide slaw mixture over top. Top each with 3 shrimp; serve.
- Serving size: 1 tostada per serving.
Serve with fresh lime wedges. Garnish with extra cilantro.