Shrimp Taco Tostadas
- Total Time
Cumin-dusted, sautéed shrimp are super paired with chipotle coleslaw and then spooned over crispy corn tortillas.
packaged coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots)2 cup(s)
cilantro¼ cup(s), chopped
reduced calorie mayonnaise3 Tbsp
fresh lime juice2 tsp
canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce½ tsp, finely chopped (or to taste)
table salt½ tsp, divided (or to taste)
cooking spray2 spray(s)
corn tortilla(s)4 small, 4-in each
uncooked shrimp6 oz, peeled, deveined (12 large)
ground cumin½ tsp
- Combine slaw mix, cilantro, mayonnaise, water, lime juice, chipotle chilies and 1/4 tsp salt in a small bowl; set aside.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add tortillas; cook until crisp and golden, 2-3 minutes per side. Remove tortillas; set aside.
- Off heat, coat same skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Sprinkle shrimp with cumin and remaining 1/4 tsp salt; add shrimp to skillet. Cook shrimp until lightly browned and cooked through, turning once, 3 minutes; remove from heat.
- Place a tortilla on each of 4 serving plates; evenly divide slaw mixture over top. Top each with 3 shrimp; serve.
- Serving size: 1 tostada per serving.