Royal Canadian Club Sandwich
- 8 oz uncooked Canadian bacon
- 4 oz cheddar or colby cheese, grated, aged Quebec recommended
- 4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 8 slice(s) reduced-calorie rye bread
- 1 cup(s) unsweetened dill pickle(s), thinly sliced
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned on both sides, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- While bacon is still in pan, but already browned, sprinkle cheese over bacon. Cook 1 minute to melt cheese; remove from heat.
- Spread four slices of bread with mustard. Divide cheese-covered bacon and pickles among bread. Top with remaining bread slices and serve immediately. Yields 1 sandwich per serving.