- 1/8 tsp lemon zest, or to taste
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice, juice of 1 large lemon
- 2 Tbsp rosemary, fresh, chopped
- 3 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), crushed with a garlic press
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, extra-virgin
- 16 oz uncooked lean boneless pork chop(s), center-cut, trimmed of all visible fat, 4 (4-ounce)
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 pound(s) uncooked Yukon gold potato(es), or any baby potatoes, scrubbed and halved
- 2 medium uncooked zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/8-inch-thick slices
Combine the lemon zest, rosemary, garlic, and oil in a small bowl. Sprinkle the pork with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Rub half of the rosemary mixture over the pork. Put the pork on a plate, then cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to several hours.
Spray the grill rack with nonstick spray; prepare the grill.
Toss the potatoes with the remaining rosemary mixture,1/4 teaspoon of remaining salt, and 1/8 teaspoon of remaining pepper in a medium bowl. Lightly spray the potatoes with nonstick spray, then place on the grill, cut-side down. Grill the potatoes 5 inches from the heat, turning once, until tender, 45 minutes. Transfer the potatoes to a bowl; cover with foil to keep warm.
Sprinkle the zucchini with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; lightly spray the zucchini with nonstick spray. Put the pork and zucchini on the grill. Grill the pork until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center of the pork chops registers 160°F for medium, about 4 minutes on each side. Grill the zucchini until tender, about 4 minutes on each side. Put the pork and zucchini on a platter. Drizzle the lemon juice over the zucchini. Serve with the potatoes. Yields 1 pork chop with 1/4 of zucchini and potatoes per serving.
- If you’ve never tried grilled potatoes or grilled zucchini, let this recipe be a delicious introduction. For rich caramelized citrus flavor, cut a lemon in half and grill it, cut-side down, until lightly browned and slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Squeeze the warm juice over the zucchini just before serving.