Rosemary-garlic pork roast
Uncooked lean trimmed pork center loin
1½ pound(s), boneless
¾ tsp, coarsely ground
Uncooked baby potatoes
1½ pound(s), Dutch yellow variety, scrubbed and halved
Reduced sodium canned chicken broth
1½ Tbsp, chopped fresh
3 medium clove(s), minced
- Sprinkle pork with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook, turning occasionally, until well browned on all sides, about 6 minutes. Transfer pork to cutting board and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, add potatoes to skillet and cook, turning occasionally, until browned in spots (especially on cut side), about 7 minutes. Add broth and bring to boil, scraping up browned bits from bottom of pan. Remove skillet from heat.
- Mix together rosemary and garlic in cup. Sprinkle all over pork, gently pressing so it adheres. Place pork in 5- or 6-quart slow cooker. Spoon potatoes around pork and drizzle with broth mixture. Sprinkle potatoes with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cover and cook until instant-read thermometer inserted into center of pork registers 145°F and potatoes are fork-tender, about 1 1/2 hours on High.
- Transfer pork to cutting board. Let stand 10 minutes, then cut into 6 thick slices (or 12 thin slices if you prefer) and arrange on platter. With slotted spoon, transfer potatoes to platter. Spoon pan juices over pork.
- Per serving: 1 thick slice pork with 3/4 cup potatoes and 1 1/2 tablespoons juices