- 1 1/2 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless turkey breast, about two 12 oz tenderloins
- 4 tsp fresh thyme, leaves, fresh, chopped, divided
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 12 oz fresh mushroom(s), Baby Bella, sliced*
- 1/2 cup(s) white wine, dry-variety
- 12 oz canned fat-free gravy, turkey-flavor
Preheat oven to 375ºF. Sprinkle turkey with 2 teaspoons of thyme, salt and pepper; gently press on thyme so it sticks.
Heat oil in a large oven-proof nonstick skillet. Add turkey to skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning once until golden on both sides, about 6 minutes.
Place skillet in oven and roast until turkey is no longer pink in middle and an instant-read thermometer inserted through center of the side of a tenderloin reads165ºF, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove turkey to a cutting board; cover to keep warm.
Place same skillet on stove top (remember to grasp handle with an oven mitt as it will be hot). Add mushrooms to skillet and saute over medium-high heat until golden and tender, about 6 minutes. Add wine to skillet; cook 1 minute. Stir in gravy and remaining 2 teaspoons of thyme; heat until simmering. Stir in any juices that have accumulated on cutting board.
Slice each tenderloin into 1/2-inch-thick slices and spoon gravy over turkey. Yields about 3 ounces of turkey and 1/3 cup of mushroom gravy per serving.
- *We used Baby Bella mushrooms but you can use any mushroom you like, or a combination of several different ones.