Raspberry-basil biscotti with dark chocolate drizzle
SmartPoints® value per serving
1 hr 30 min
Fresh basil, tart raspberries, and dark chocolate are a knockout trio. Freeze-dried fruit are the new kids on the grocery store block. If you haven't tried them yet, pick up a bag and experiment. They are crispy and packed with intense flavor, and are wonderful in baking since they add big flavor without adding extra moisture that can make baked goods heavy and soggy. Their crumbly, dry texture is terrific in these cookies. Be sure to use them for the best results.
½ cup(s), leaves
Whole wheat pastry flour
2 large egg(s)
Freeze dried raspberries
1 oz, 1 1/2 cups
60-69% dark chocolate
2 oz, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper. In mini food processor, combine sugar and basil and process until basil is finely chopped and fully incorporated into sugar, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- In medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and salt. In large bowl, combine basil sugar and eggs and, using electric mixer, beat at medium speed until light-colored and slightly thickened, about 4 minutes. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and beat at low speed until almost combined. Add raspberries and beat at low speed until fully incorporated.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each half into 9-by-3-inch rectangle on prepared pan. Bake at 350°F until lightly browned, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on pan for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300°F. Cut each dough rectangle diagonally into 17 (1⁄2-inch) slices. Arrange slices, cut-side down, on pan. (It’s OK if biscotti are crowded.) Bake until dry on top, 8 to 10 minutes. Turn biscotti over and bake until golden brown in spots, 8 to 10 minutes more. Transfer biscotti to wire rack and let cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- In small microwavable bowl, place chocolate. Microwave on High until almost melted, about 1 minute. Stir until completely melted. Use spoon to drizzle chocolate over biscotti. Refrigerate for 5 minutes to set.
- Serving size: 1 cookie