Pumpkin ice cream in homemade ice cream bowls
SmartPoints® value per serving
Tortillas are sprinkled with pumpkin pie spice, then baked in a muffin pan to keep their shape. They turn into edible bowls for this delicious, elegant autumn dessert. Just keep in mind that after mixing together the pumpkin purée, pumpkin pie spice, and ice cream, it has to stay in the freezer until it firms up, which will take about 3 hours. Otherwise, these ice cream bowls come together quickly, which is why this recipe is a great make-ahead holiday dessert. You can double or triple the recipe for larger gatherings and just assemble the ice cream in the bowls when it’s time for dessert.
½ cup(s), puree
Pumpkin pie spice
1¼ tsp, divided
Light vanilla ice cream
2 cup(s), slightly softened
4 tsp, toasted
- In a medium bowl, stir together pumpkin puree and 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice; add ice cream and stir until blended. Cover and freeze until firm, about 3 hours.
- To make dessert cups, place oven rack in center of oven. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In a small cup, mix sugar with remaining 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice.
- Warm tortillas in microwave until pliable, about 10 to 20 seconds.
- Lightly coat both sides of warmed tortillas with cooking spray. Sprinkle one side of each tortilla with sugar mixture. Place each tortilla, sugar side-up, in a hole of a muffin pan, to form a bowl shape. Bake until tortillas are crisp, light golden and are holding their shape, about 6 to 7 minutes. Remove tortillas from pan; cool on a wire rack.
- To serve, fill each cooled tortilla cup with 1/2 cup ice cream; sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon chopped pecans. Serve immediately. Yields 1 filled ice cream bowl per serving.