Poblano and onion-stuffed baked potatoes
2 large, scrubbed, pierced several times with a fork
1 medium, chopped
1 large, seeded, chopped
Low fat cream cheese
Weight Watchers Reduced-fat Mexican style shredded cheese
¼ cup(s), chopped
1 pinch(es), or to taste
Fat free salsa
¼ cup(s), red or green (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place potatoes directly on rack in oven. Bake until tip of a knife easily pierces potatoes, 55 to 60 minutes. Remove potatoes from oven; leave oven on.
- While potatoes are baking, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, until lightly golden, 6 minutes. Add poblano; cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are golden and tender, 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cumin; cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Slice each potato in half lengthwise; scoop out flesh into a small bowl. Add cream cheese to bowl; mash until smooth. Stir in onion mixture, cheddar cheese, cilantro, salt and pepper; evenly divide filling among potato halves.
- Place stuffed potatoes on a baking pan; bake until filling is hot, 15 minutes. Spoon 1 Tbsp salsa over each half; serve.
- Serving size: 1 stuffed potato half