This beautiful cocktail is a terrific way to toast the New Year. Prosecco is a fruity, Italian sparkling wine, similar to Champagne.
- 1 1/2 cup(s) pear nectar, chilled
- 1 1/2 cup(s) low-calorie cranberry juice cocktail, chilled
- 3 cup(s) prosecco, or other sparkling wine, chilled
- 1/2 small pear(s), thinly sliced in to 6 wedges
To make each drink, pour 1/4 cup nectar and 1/4 cup cranberry juice into a large wine glass or other glass; top each with 1/2 cup of Prosecco.
To garnish, cut a slit in each pear wedge and attach to side of a glass. Serve immediately. Yields about 8 fluid ounces per serving.
- Instead of making individual drinks you can pour the ingredients into a pitcher and float sliced pears on top. Stir gently and pour into glasses. For an alcohol-free version, replace the Prosecco with sparkling cider (could affect SmartPoints value).