- 1 spray(s) olive oil cooking spray
- 6 sheet(s) phyllo dough
- 1 large egg white(s), beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) dried plain breadcrumbs, fine
- 1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat 2 sheet pans with olive oil-flavored cooking spray or cover them with parchment paper.
Lay 1 sheet of phyllo on a clean surface; brush lightly with egg white and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon each of Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs. Cover with a second sheet of phyllo; brush with egg white and sprinkle with another 1 tablespoon each of Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs. Season to taste with salt and pepper and cover with a third sheet of phyllo. Press layers together; fold in half lengthwise and, using a pastry wheel, pizza cutter or sharp paring knife, slice into twelve 7-inch strips. Twist each strip and lay on sheet pan; repeat entire procedure with remaining ingredients.
Bake until crisp and lightly browned, about 6 minutes. Yields 2 twists per serving.