Orzo with lemon, asparagus, and peas
1 pinch, for cooking pasta
2 Tbsp, divided
1 small, chopped
2 cup(s), sliced into bite-size pieces
frozen green peas
crumbled feta cheese
4 medium, chopped
3 Tbsp, fresh, chopped
2 tsp, grated
fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp, or more to taste
¼ tsp, or to taste
¼ tsp, freshly ground, or to taste
- Bring salted water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add orzo and cook as package directs.
- Meanwhile, melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in asparagus; cook, stirring often, 2 minutes. Add peas and cook, stirring often, until vegetables are lightly browned and tender, about 3 minutes.
- Drain orzo and add to skillet. Remove from heat and toss with vegetables, making sure to scrape food on bottom of skillet with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in feta, scallions, remaining tablespoon butter, dill, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Yields about 1 cup per serving.