Mexican Beef over Polenta (Everyday Delicious)
Uncooked 93% lean ground beef
1 small, chopped
Canned tomatoes with green chilis
14½ oz, (1 can diced tomatoes)
Frozen corn kernels
Pickled jalapeno peppers
2 Tbsp, chopped (optional)
Canned chicken broth
Uncooked instant polenta
¾ cup(s), (quick-cooking)
Fat free salsa
Shredded reduced-fat Mexican-style cheese
⅓ cup(s), blend
¼ cup(s), fresh, chopped
- Place beef and onion in large nonstick skillet and set over medium heat. Cook, breaking up beef with wooden spoon, until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, corn, jalapeños (if using), cumin, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring broth to boil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Gradually add polenta to saucepan, whisking constantly. Reduce heat and cook, continuing to stir, until thick and creamy, 3–4 minutes.
- Divide polenta evenly among 6 serving bowls. Top evenly with beef mixture, salsa, cheese, and cilantro.
- Per serving (⅔ cup beef mixture and scant ½ cup polenta)