- 1 large egg(s)
- 1/4 cup(s) regular liquid egg substitute
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 2 cup(s) fat free evaporated milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 fl oz brandy, or rum, 80 proof (1/4 cup)
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- Beat together egg, egg substitute and sugar in a medium bowl; set aside. Warm milk in a small saucepan until it steams (do not boil); very gradually beat milk into egg mixture.
- Return egg-milk mixture to stove and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened slightly and very steamy. Do not let eggnog boil. Stir in vanilla and chill thoroughly.
- Stir brandy into chilled eggnog. Pour into four glasses and sprinkle a touch of nutmeg on top of each serving. Yields about 3/4 cup per serving.