- 1 1/4 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken thigh(s), cut into 32 chunks (about 4 pieces per thigh)
- 1 1/4 cup(s) plain fat free yogurt, divided
- 2 Tbsp tandoori spice mix
- 1/2 cup(s) cucumber(s), English variety, diced
- 3 Tbsp mint leaves, fresh, chopped
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1 medium uncooked red onion(s), cut into 16 wedges
- 2 spray(s) olive oil cooking spray
- 2 cup(s) cooked whole wheat couscous, kept warm
Put chicken, 1/2 cup of yogurt and spice mix in a resealable plastic food storage bag. Seal bag and turn to mix and coat. Place bag on a plate and refrigerate on lowest shelf for at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
To make sauce, in a small bowl, stir together remaining 3/4 cup of yogurt, cucumber, mint and salt until blended; refrigerate until ready to serve.
Preheat grill. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Thread chicken and onion wedges onto 8 metal skewers, using 4 pieces of chicken and 2 pieces of onion per skewer. (If using wooden skewers soak them in water 30 minutes before use to prevent burning.) Coat chicken and onions with cooking spray.
Grill skewers, turning often, until chicken is no longer pink in center, about 7 to 9 minutes. Serve skewers over couscous with sauce on the side. Yields 2 skewers, 1/2 cup of couscous and about 1/4 cup of sauce per serving.
- just ease up on the amount if you can't stand too much heat.