Grilled Chicken, Tomato and Basil Packets
- Total Time
Grilling the ingredients in foil packets seals in all their delicious flavors and juices. Serve this recipe on its own or over rice or mixed greens.
cooking spray4 spray(s)
uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)1 pound(s), four 4 oz pieces
minced garlic1 tsp
table salt½ tsp
black pepper½ tsp, freshly ground
olive oil4 tsp, extra virgin
grape tomatoes2 cup(s)
basil1 cup(s), fresh, leaves, roughly torn
- Preheat outdoor grill to medium-high.
- Tear off four (18- to 20-inch long) pieces of aluminum foil; lightly coat with cooking spray.
- To make each packet, put a chicken breast on center of foil; rub chicken with 1/4 teaspoon garlic and then sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Drizzle 1 teaspoon oil evenly over chicken; top with 1/2 cup grape tomatoes and 1/4 cup basil. Bring short ends of foil together and fold over twice to form a seal; fold in sides to form seal, making sure to leave room for steam. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make four packets.
- Place packets on grill and cook until chicken is cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Open packets (be careful of steam) and remove each piece of chicken to a cutting board; thinly slice or shred into pieces with two forks. Place each portion of chicken on a serving plate and pour tomatoes, basil and juices from packets over top. Yields 1 packet per serving.