Sautéed mushrooms give a rich meaty bite to these quesadillas. Spicy chipotle cream provides a great kick.
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 2 cup(s) Cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cup(s) fresh spinach, baby variety
- 1 cup(s) uncooked shallot(s), minced
- 1 small jalapeño pepper(s), seeded, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 cup(s) reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tsp canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced (or 1 tsp for mild)
- 1 pinch table salt
- 4 medium whole wheat tortilla(s), 7 to 8 inches each
- 1/2 cup(s) semisoft goat cheese, crumbled
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, spinach, shallots, jalapeno, oregano and 1/2 tsp salt; sauté until vegetables have softened, 5-10 minutes.
In a small bowl, stir together sour cream, chipotle peppers and a pinch of salt. Spread half of each tortilla with 1 Tbsp cream mixture; top cream mixture with 1/4 of vegetables and 2 Tbsp goat cheese. Fold empty tortilla halves over filling; press down gently to close.
Off heat, wipe out skillet and coat with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Cook quesadillas, flipping once, until lightly toasted and cheese melts, 3-4 minutes per side.
Serving size: 1 quesadilla
- Cook in two batches if necessary. Cover to keep warm.