SmartPoints® value per serving
This traditional Norwegian drink celebrates health and prosperity in the new year. This mulled wine brings plenty of cheer in a steamy cup with a sweet, zesty flavor. Glogg, which means "glowing ember" usually contains vodka in addition to red wine. You can strain out some of the spices and zest before serving, but we prefer to leave them in the drink. We also added raisins and almonds to the final drink just before serving. You could also add a garnish of cinnamon sticks and sliced oranges.
4 fl oz
2 Tbsp, zest
½ oz, slivered
- Combine red wine, vodka, spices, zest and sugar in a pot.
- Simmer on low-medium heat until gently warm. Be sure not to boil.
- Turn heat off and let steep for 30 minutes.
- Before serving, reheat for 5 minutes until warm.
- Serve in heat-resistant glasses with several almonds and raisins.