- 2 medium uncooked scallion(s), minced
- 1 Tbsp ginger root, fresh, minced, or to taste
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sherry (dry or sweet), or nonalcoholic cooking wine
- 1 1/2 pound(s) uncooked Pacific cod
Place fish in a single layer in a glass baking dish. In a small bowl, combine scallions, ginger, garlic, soy sauce and sherry; pour over fish and marinate in refrigerator up to 2 hours.
Fill a saucepan with an inch of water; set over high heat and bring to a boil. Place fish in a steamer basket; discard marinade. Set steamer basket in saucepan, making sure basket sits above water.
Cover saucepan and steam until fish is completely cooked (it should easily flake when tested with a fork), about 10 minutes. Divide into 4 pieces and serve.
- Swap halibut for the cod, if desired (could affect SmartPoints values).