Eggs with polenta and spicy black beans
Fat free ready-to-eat polenta (in tube)
16 oz, cut into 12 (1/2-inch) slices
Canned black beans
Fat free salsa
6 large egg(s)
Reduced-fat shredded Monterey Jack cheese
⅓ cup(s), pepper jack variety
¼ cup(s), chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Arrange polenta slices in single layer on prepared baking sheet. Spray polenta lightly with nonstick spray. Bake until hot, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine beans, salsa, and chili powder in small saucepan and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in large nonstick over medium heat. Crack eggs into skillet and cook until yolks just begin to set, 2–3 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and sprinkle eggs with pepper Jack. Cover skillet and let stand until cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
- Place 2 polenta slices on each of 6 plates. Spoon bean mixture evenly over polenta and top each with 1 egg. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve at once.
- Serving size: 2 slices polenta, ⅓ cup bean mixture, and 1 egg