Coconut Curry Shrimp
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp curry powder, mild or hot, to taste
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 3 medium uncooked scallion(s), thinly sliced, green and white parts separated
- 1/2 cup(s) light unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 pound(s) uncooked shrimp, large, shelled and deveined
- 3 cup(s) cooked brown rice
- Coat a medium to large skillet with cooking spray; add oil and set over medium heat. When heated, add curry powder and salt; cook, stirring constantly, until curry is fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add white parts of scallions; cook, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes more. Add coconut milk; stir to blend. Add shrimp; cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp turn pink, about 4 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle with green parts of scallions; serve. Yields about 5 to 6 shrimp, 3/4 cup rice and 1 to 2 tablespoons sauce per serving.
Add cilantro, hot peppers or tomatoes for a completely different twist. Serve this recipe with fresh pineapple, mango or papaya to cut the spice (will affect SmartPoints value).