Creamy avocado and sweet corn help tame the heat in this well-seasoned, spicy entrée.
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 pound(s) uncooked shrimp, large, peeled, deveined
- 3 1/2 tsp canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, divided
- 1 cup(s) uncooked yellow corn, cut from the cob, canned or frozen
- 1 medium poblano chile, diced
- 1 cup(s) grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 item(s), medium avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup(s) cilantro, leaves, chopped
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook, stirring frequently, until almost cooked through, 3 minutes. Add 1 Tbsp chipotle; stir-fry until shrimp are cooked through, 1-2 minutes more. Remove and set aside; wipe off or rinse skillet.
Off heat, coat same skillet with cooking spray; set over medium-high heat. Add corn, poblano, tomatoes and salt; cook, stirring frequently, until pepper is crisp-tender and tomatoes soften, 5 minutes.
Stir in shrimp and lime juice; remove from heat and stir in remaining 1/2 tsp chipotles, avocado and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges if desired.
Serving size: 1 1/4 cups per serving.
- Serve extra chipotle sauce on the side for those who like even more spice.