- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 2 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 medium uncooked scallion(s), chopped (green and white parts)
- 1/2 cup(s) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 2 cup(s) long grain cooked brown rice, regular or instant, kept hot
- 4 cup(s) uncooked broccoli, fresh, florets, steamed*
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add garlic; cook, stirring, about 1 minute. Add chicken; cook until golden brown on all sides, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
Add scallions; cook until soft, stirring, about 2 minutes. Add broth and teriyaki sauce; simmer until chicken is cooked through and sauce reduces slightly, about 5 minutes.
Spoon 1/2 cup of cooked rice into each of 4 shallow bowls; spoon about 1 cup of chicken mixture and 1/2 cup of broccoli over each serving.
- *To steam broccoli, place florets in a microwave-safe dish, add about 1/2 inch of water and cover dish. Microwave on high until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Or to steam in a saucepan, set broccoli in a steamer basket or colander over simmering water, cover and steam until crisp-tender, about 4 to 5 minutes.