- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 cup(s) fresh mushroom(s), fresh, sliced
- 1 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), four 4 oz pieces
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) table wine, Marsala variety
- 1 1/4 cup(s) canned beef broth, reduced-sodium, divided
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and sauté until tender and releasing liquid, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, place chicken on a plate and season both sides with thyme, salt and pepper. Move mushrooms to outer edge of skillet once cooked. Place chicken in center of skillet and cook until golden, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Add wine to skillet; simmer 1 minute. Add 3/4 cup of broth and simmer, uncovered, until chicken is tender and cooked through, about 8 minutes.
Dissolve cornstarch in remaining 1/2 cup of broth in a small bowl; add to skillet. Simmer until sauce thickens, stirring constantly and incorporating mushrooms into the liquid, about 1 minute. Serve chicken with mushroom sauce spooned over top. Yields about 3 ounces of chicken and 1/3 cup of sauce per serving.
- Garnish wtih fresh thyme.