- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 2/3 pound(s) uncooked lean ground beef
- 2 medium uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 29 oz canned stewed tomatoes, Mexican-style (undrained)
- 2 1/2 cup(s) canned tomato juice
- 4 oz canned green chili peppers, diced, drained
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 cup(s) uncooked whole wheat elbow macaroni
- 31 oz canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup(s) Weight Watchers Reduced Fat Mexican style blend shredded cheese
Coat a large skillet with cooking spray; set over medium-high heat. Cook beef and onion until meat is browned, stirring and breaking up meat with a spoon as it cooks, about 10 minutes; drain off fat.
Stir in undrained tomatoes and their juice, tomato juice, chili peppers and chili powder; bring mixture to a boil.
Stir in macaroni and beans; return to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until macaroni is tender, about 15 minutes. Spoon chili into bowls and sprinkle with cheese. Yields about 1 cup chili and 1 tablespoon cheese per serving.
- This recipe is part of our Make Ahead Soups, Chilies and Stews series. To learn more about this cook-and-freeze feature, click here.