- Total Time
Our sweet meringue base is topped with a delicious mix of Caribbean-inspired fruits. Not a baker? Skip the pavlova and enjoy the wonderful fruit salad on its own.
cooking spray2 spray(s)
egg white(s)4 large
SPLENDA® Sucralose sweetener (Splenda®)⅓ cup(s)
white wine vinegar1 tsp
water1 Tbsp, boiling
pineapple1 medium, cubed
mango(es)2 large, cubed
papaya(s)1 medium, cubed
spearmint2 Tbsp, cut into thin strips (about 8 large leaves)
fresh lime(s)1 medium, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 250ºF. Very lightly coat 2 nonstick baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Blend egg whites, Splenda, vinegar and hot water together at high speed until soft, white peaks form, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon egg white mixture by half cupfuls onto prepared baking sheets. Using the back of a spoon, spread out and smooth mixture into eight 6- to 8-inch circles, no more than 1-inch thick each. Cook for about one hour and ten minutes, until crisp. Allow to cool completely on wire rack. (Note: These are very fragile. Handle very delicately.)
- While pavlovas cook, make fruit topping. Combine pineapple, mango, papaya and mint in a large bowl. Squeeze juice of both lime halves over fruit mixture and gently stir fruit until ingredients are just combined. Allow fruit to macerate for 30 minutes.
- When pavlovas are cool, gently mound about 3/4 cup of fruit filling on top of each pavlova. Yields 1 pavlova per serving.