- Total Time
Our version manages to trim quite a bit by skinning and broiling the wings and marinating them in a wonderfully tangy sauce.
uncooked skinless chicken wing(s) with bone3 pound(s), or with skin
apple cider vinegar3 Tbsp
reduced-sodium chicken broth⅛ cup(s)
vegetable oil2 tsp
hot pepper sauce2 tsp
blue cheese¼ cup(s), crumbled
plain fat free yogurt¼ cup(s)
reduced calorie mayonnaise1 Tbsp
uncooked celery6 rib(s), medium, trimmed
- Wash and pat the wings dry with paper towels; cut off the tips and reserve for another use. Halve the wings at the joint.
- Combine the vinegar, broth, oil, and pepper sauce in a large zip-close plastic bag; add the chicken. Squeeze out the air and seal the bag; turn the bag to coat the chicken. Refrigerate, turning the bag occasionally, 30 minutes. Drain and discard any remaining marinade.
- Spray the broiler rack with nonstick spray; preheat the broiler.
- Broil the chicken 5 inches from the heat, turning once, until golden and cooked through, about 10 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, combine the blue cheese, yogurt, and mayonnaise in a small bowl. Serve with the chicken wings and celery. Yields 4 wing halves with 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dip and 1 celery stick per serving.