Buffalo-style corn on the cob
SmartPoints® value per serving
A blue cheese-butter-chive-hot sauce mixture gives grilled corn phenomenal Buffalo-wing flavor. Make sure to turn the corn often so it's evenly grilled, and not overly blackened in any one spot. When summer is gone and fresh ears of corn are hard to come by, make this recipe with frozen corn kernels that you've thawed. Simply heat the corn in a saute pan and then toss with the butter mixture to serve. If you love all that spicy flavor, but not the blue cheese, swap it for crumbled feta cheese instead.
¼ cup(s), crumbled
2 tsp, or green part of a scallion, minced
Hot pepper sauce
2 tsp, or less to taste
8 medium, husks and silk removed
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Meanwhile, place cheese and butter in a small microwave-safe bowl; microwave on High in 7 second increments until butter has melted. Add chives, hot sauce, salt and celery seeds to bowl; stir until smooth and set aside.
- Set corn on grate directly over heat; grill, covered, turning occasionally, until well-marked, 10 minutes.
- Transfer corn to a serving platter and brush with blue cheese mixture before serving.
- Serving size: 1 ear of corn