Thanks to instant brown rice, this Tex-Mex side dish comes together fast — great for Memorial Day BBQs. Cut back on the jalapeno for less heat.
- 1 cup(s) uncooked instant brown rice
- 15 oz canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup(s) frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/4 cup(s) uncooked scallion(s), chopped
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 2 tsp jalapeño pepper(s), pickled, minced, or less to taste
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp lime zest, finely grated
- 1/4 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
- 1 medium fresh lime(s), quartered
Cook rice according to package directions.
While rice is still warm, stir in beans, corn, scallions, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice and zest; season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with lime wedges. Yields about 1 heaping cup per serving.