Braised chicken in riesling
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken thigh(s)
Cooked green cabbage
1½ cup(s), shredded, finely shredded
1 medium, thinly sliced
Uncooked baby carrots
3 medium clove(s), peeled
¾ fl oz, Riesling or other variety
Reduced-sodium chicken broth
Canned tomato paste
Cooked skinless chicken thigh(s) with bone
- Sprinkle the chicken with the salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning, until browned, about 8 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a 5- or 6-quart slow cooker.
- Add the cabbage and onion to the skillet. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring, until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Transfer to the slow cooker and top with the carrots and garlic.
- Whisk together the wine, broth, and tomato paste in a bowl, then pour over the chicken. Cover and cook until the chicken and carrots are fork-tender, 4 – 6 hours on high or 8 – 10 hours on low. With a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken to a deep platter. Keep warm.
- Whisk together the water and flour in a small bowl until smooth. Whisk in about 1/4 cup of the hot stew liquid until blended, then stir the flour mixture into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high until the mixture simmers and thickens, about 15 minutes longer. Serve over the chicken. 1 chicken thigh and 1⁄2 cup vegetables with sauce per serving.