Black bean and rice chiles rellenos
14½ oz, (1 can)
3 medium, chopped
Frozen corn kernels
1 cup(s), thawed
Canned black beans
1 cup(s), rinsed and drained
Long grain cooked brown rice
1¾ cup(s), 1 (8.8-ounce) package
Canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
2 tsp, chopped
⅓ cup(s), chopped fresh
Reduced-fat shredded Monterey Jack cheese
½ cup(s), sliced
1 item(s), thinly sliced
¼ cup(s), fresh leaves
1 item(s), cut into wedges
- 1 To roast poblanos, preheat broiler. Line medium rimmed baking sheet with foil. Place poblanos on foil. Broil 5 inches from heat, turning often, until skins blister, about 10 minutes. Transfer poblanos to counter and wrap in foil. Let stand 15 minutes. When cool enough to handle, peel blackened skin off poblanos. Use sharp knife to make long slit in one side of each poblano. Remove seeds and membranes, being careful not to tear poblanos.
- 2 Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray same baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- 3 To make filling, puree tomatoes, scallions, oregano, cumin, cinnamon, and salt in blender or food processor. Transfer to large skillet and set over medium heat. Bring to simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened slightly, about 5 minutes. Stir in corn, beans, rice, and chipotles en adobo. Cook, stirring often, until heated through, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in chopped cilantro and 1/2 cup Monterey Jack.
- 4 Spoon filling evenly into poblanos and place on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle peppers with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, about 15 minutes. Garnish with sliced radishes, sliced serranos, and cilantro leaves, if desired; serve with lime wedges.
- Serving size: (1 stuffed poblano)