- 3 small uncooked potato(es), baked, sliced in half and cooled
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 20 oz chopped frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 4 oz low fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 slice(s) cooked turkey bacon, crumbled
Preheat oven to 400ºF. Scoop out flesh of potatoes, leaving about 1/4 of potato flesh in potato. (Reserve remaining potato flesh for another use such as mashed potatoes.)
Place potato halves on a baking sheet and coat with cooking spray. Bake until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. While potato skins bake, combine spinach, cream cheese, salt and pepper in a medium bowl until well-blended.
Remove skins from oven and spoon 3 tablespoons of spinach mixture into each potato half; bake until warmed through, about 5 minutes more.
Remove skins from oven and top each half with about 1 tablespoon of crumbled bacon. Yields 1 potato half per serving.
- To easily dry spinach, place thawed spinach in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out liquid over the sink, as though you were wringing out a wet towel.