- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 30 oz chopped frozen spinach, three 10 oz packages, defrosted, well-drained
- 1 large uncooked onion(s), yellow variety, minced
- 2 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 medium uncooked delicata squash, trimmed, seeded, sliced in 1/2-inch-thick circles
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 large egg(s)
- 10 item(s) oil-cured olives, chopped
- 2 Tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh parsley, flat leaf-variety, coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat 13- X 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Combine spinach, onion, garlic, cumin, salt, pepper and cayenne in a large bowl; spoon into prepared baking dish in an even layer. Arrange a layer of squash over top and drizzle with oil. Cover with foil; bake until squash is completely tender, 45 minutes.
Remove dish from oven and crack eggs over vegetable mixture, spacing them out evenly (season with salt and pepper, if desired). Bake until egg whites just set but yolks are still bright yellow and somewhat runny, 8-10 minutes (or longer if desired). Serve sprinkled with olives, feta and parsley.
Serving size: 3 c vegetables and 1 egg
- If you can’t find delicata squash, use 1 large acorn squash instead. The eggs will continue to cook after the dish is removed from the oven, so keep a close eye on them at the five minute mark; runny yolks will give the dish a lovely sauciness.