- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 3 1/2 oz fresh shiitake mushroom, stems removed, caps sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 Tbsp ginger root, fresh, grated
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 6 cup(s) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cup(s) water
- 6 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 6 oz uncooked vermicelli, broken in half
- 1 pound(s) frozen mixed vegetables, Asian stir-fry variety
- 1 cup(s) edamame (shelled), frozen
- 1/2 cup(s) uncooked scallion(s), sliced
- 2 tsp dark sesame oil
Coat a large saucepan with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add mushrooms; stir-fry until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Add ginger and garlic; stir-fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Add broth, water and soy sauce; bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in vermicelli, reduce heat to medium-high and boil, 2 minutes. Add frozen vegetables and edamame; bring to a simmer. Simmer until vegetables and vermicelli are tender, about 5 minutes; remove from heat and stir in scallions. Spoon soup into bowls; drizzle each serving with 1/4 teaspoon oil. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.
- To add some heat, stir in some chili paste before serving.