Arroz con pollo
Uncooked skinless chicken breast with bone
2½ pound(s), halved
1 large, chopped
3 clove(s), finely chopped
1 medium, chopped
Fat-free reduced sodium chicken broth
½ cup(s), fresh, chopped, divided
Uncooked long grain white rice
Frozen baby peas
½ cup(s), thawed
Pimiento stuffed olives
12 olive(s), halved
- Combine adobo seasoning and cumin. Reserve ½ tsp seasoning blend. Sprinkle chicken with remaining seasoning blend.
- In a 4- to 6-quart Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high. Add chicken (it will fit tightly—that’s OK) and cook, turning once, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add onion, garlic, and reserved ½ tsp seasoning blend. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomato, broth, ¼ cup water, salsa verde, and ¼ cup cilantro and bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice and chicken. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer until rice is just tender, about 20 minutes. Stir in peas and olives. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in remaining ¼ cup cilantro.
- Serving size: 2 pieces of chicken and 1¼ cups vegetables with rice