Apple-Cinnamon Wontons a la Mode
- 2 spray(s) butter flavour cooking spray, divided
- 2 medium fresh apple(s), McIntosh, peeled, cored and minced
- 1 Tbsp packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 24 item(s) wonton wrapper(s), half of a 12 oz package
- 1 1/2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 3 cup(s) light vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine apples, brown sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon; toss to coat apples.
- Place wonton wrappers on a flat surface. Drop apple mixture by teaspoonfuls onto center of each wrapper. Moisten edges of wrapper with wet fingers, fold over one corner to make a triangle and press sides together to seal. Transfer filled wrappers to prepared baking sheet and coat surfaces with cooking spray.
- Bake until wontons are golden brown, about 15 minutes. Place wontons on individual plates and sift powdered sugar on top. Serve with ice cream on the side. Yields 4 wontons, 1 teaspoon of powdered sugar and 1/2 cup of ice cream per serving.