These wontons are an unusual way to highlight fresh picked apples. Head to the orchard and get ready for a great fall dessert.
- 2 spray(s) butter flavour cooking spray, divided
- 2 medium fresh apple(s), McIntosh, peeled, cored and minced
- 1 Tbsp packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 24 item(s) wonton wrapper(s), half of a 12 oz package
- 1 1/2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 3 cup(s) light vanilla ice cream
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, combine apples, brown sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon; toss to coat apples.
Place wonton wrappers on a flat surface. Drop apple mixture by teaspoonfuls onto center of each wrapper. Moisten edges of wrapper with wet fingers, fold over one corner to make a triangle and press sides together to seal. Transfer filled wrappers to prepared baking sheet and coat surfaces with cooking spray.
Bake until wontons are golden brown, about 15 minutes. Place wontons on individual plates and sift powdered sugar on top. Serve with ice cream on the side. Yields 4 wontons, 1 teaspoon of powdered sugar and 1/2 cup of ice cream per serving.