Salmon fishcakes & watercress sauce
400 g, peeled and cubed
400 g, skinless
6 medium, sliced
4 tablespoon(s), finely chopped
1 zest(s) of 1, finely grated
Capers, in Brine
2 tablespoon(s), drained and chopped
Egg, whole, raw
1 medium, raw, beaten
Calorie Controlled Brown Bread
50 g, made into breadcrumbs
Calorie controlled cooking spray
4 spray(s), For the Sauce:
Fat Free Natural Fromage Frais
Lemon Juice, Fresh
½ teaspoon(s), level
2 portion(s), to serve
- Place the potatoes in a pan of water, bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Drain well and mash. Meanwhile, place the salmon on a microwavable plate, cover with clingfilm and pierce. Cook in the microwave on high for 8 minutes. Allow to cool a little before flaking.
- Add the salmon, spring onion, parsley, lemon zest and capers to the mash. Season well and combine. Shape into 8 fishcakes, dip in the beaten egg, then coat in the breadcrumbs. Chill for 10 minutes
- To make the sauce, place all of the ingredients in a blender and whizz to combine. Season to taste.
- Heat a nonstick pan, mist with cooking spray and add 4 of the fishcakes. Cook for 4 minutes on each side until golden. Keep warm while you cook the remaining fishcakes.
- Serve 2 fishcakes per person with the watercress sauce and salad.