Pan-fried salmon with a fresh blueberry relish & cauli 'rice'
1 teaspoons, level
Chilli, Green or Red
1 individual, finely chopped
5 medium, finely chopped
Lime Juice, Fresh
1 medium, zest only
4 fillet(s), medium
Calorie controlled cooking spray
- Toast the cumin seeds in a small frying pan over a medium heat, then crush using a pestle and mortar.
- In a bowl, combine the blueberries, crushed cumin seeds, chilli, spring onions, coriander and half the lime zest and juice. Season to taste, then cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Mist a large nonstick frying pan with cooking spray and set over a medium heat. Cook the salmon, skin-side down, for 4 minutes, then turn and cook for a further 4 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, pulse the cauliflower in a food processor (or you can use the coarse side of a grater) until it resembles grains of rice – you might need to do this in batches.
- Mist another large frying pan with cooking spray and set over a medium heat. Fry the garlic for 2 minutes until soft. Increase the heat to medium-high and stir in the cauliflower. Season, then cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower is slightly crisp on the outside but tender on the inside. Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining lime zest and juice.
- Divide the cauliflower ‘rice’ between plates, top with the salmon and serve with the blueberry relish spooned over.